- It analysis AWR report to identify potential performance bottle neck.
- For each identified issue, it locates the root cause and provides recommendations.
- It is created and stored every time AWR report is run provided STATISTICS_LEVEL parameter is set to TYPICAL or ALL.
To create ADDM Report:
Sample output of ADDM report:
FINDING: 59% impact (944 seconds)
- The buffer cache was undersized causing significant additional read I/O.
RECOMMENDATION 1: DB Configuration, 59% benefit (944 seconds)
- ACTION: Increase SGA target size by increasing the value of parameter
“sga_target” by 28 M.
SYMPTOMS THAT LED TO THE FINDING:
- Wait class “User I/O” was consuming significant database time. (83%
impact [1336 seconds])